How to Use Odin for MAC: Download Odin Flash Tool For Mac (Latest File)
Introduction to Odin for Mac
Odin is an open-source tool that made it easier for Android users to flash a custom recovery image using their PC. It was earlier restricted for Windows only, but thanks to an XDA-Developer, Adam Outler, Mac users also getting the privilege to use Odin, which is named as JOdin 3. This is used to root Zip files, custom recovery files, modem files, flash ROMs, and system packages on Samsung Phones.
To use the Odin flash tool for Mac platforms, we have to use a tool called “Heimdall”.This is a cross-platform open-source tool used to flash ROMs or firmware on Samsung devices
- One of the lightest and most compatible flashing program
- Open source and available to download
- Best software for Android devices
- It is based on CASUAL-X project and Heimdall tool
- Automatically obtains PIT file with a single device reboot
- Can flash Custom Kernel
- Can easily root your phone using Odin
- Can flash Samsung Stock Firmware
- Able to flash custom recovery files like TWRP Recovery
- Help to update older Samsung phones which are unable to get automatic updates
- Heimdall will be installed automatically on macOS
- Supports .tar or .tar.md5 files.
- It helps data recovery.
- A MacBook.
- Download and Install the latest version of java on your MacBook.
- Download & install the latest version of Hemidall on your MacBook.
- Make sure to uninstall Samsung Kies on your MacBook.
- Original USB cable.
- Use original data cable to establish a connection between your device and the MacBook.
- Installed compatible USB drivers.
- Make sure to turn on the USB debugging on your device
Steps to use Odin on Mac OS:
Step 1: Download and Install JOdin3 and extract Jodin3.zip file to anywhere on your macOS.
Step 2: Download the required firmware / recovery / ROM file in the .TAR format.
Step 3: Download and Install Java Runtime Environment on macOS.
Step 4: Download and install Heimdall latest version.
Step 5: Open the JOdin3CASUAL-r1017-dist.jar file from the extracted folder of Jodin3.zip in step 1.
Step 6: Now connect your Samsung device to your MacBook and enable USB debugging from Developer Options. Settings> Developer options to enable USB Debugging.
Step 7: Open JOdin3 tool and click PDA option on the screen and add (.tar.md5) files that you have downloaded in step 2.
Step 8: Boot your device into Download Mode.
Follow this: Power OFF your device first. Then press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby buttons simultaneously. Check only the Auto-Reboot option in the JOdin tool.
Step 9: To proceed click "Start".
Step 10: Next, JOdin tool will ask you for a PIT file. Click on Yes and proceed.
Step 11: Again boot your phone into Download Mode as you did in Step 8.
This will make Jodin fetch your phone’s PIT file by itself.
Step 12: Then the next message will pop up and Click "OK" button.
Step 13: Click the Start button again to start performing the Job. This will start the installation.
Step 14: You can see a PASS message inside JOdin If you see complete the process successfully. If something has gone wrong you would see a FAILED message.