How to Flash Stock firmware with Odin?

edited May 10 in Flashing

What is Stock ROM :

This kind of ROM is the result of a lot of research and testing undergone by the Operating system vendors, mobile service carriers, and device manufacturers. With this ROM, you can experience several advantages. Such as it usually carries quite a stability upon release. And also the user will get official support by the firmware vendors, device manufacturer, and the mobile service carrier. 

Attention: Back up any phone data you wish to keep.

Requirements:

• Keep your batter percentage of your device between 40% -70% to perform the flashing process.
  • Download Samsung stock firmware. 
  • Download Odin latest updates.
  • Windows computer
  • Samsung USB driver.
  • Enable USB Debugging on your device.
  • USB data cable

Flash Samsung Stock ROM via Odin 

Step 1: Download Samsung Odin latest version ( Odin 3.13.1) on your PC . Then, execute the application as administrator.

Step 2: Download and install Samsung USB Driver on your PC. Find the compatible driver software from Samsung's official websites.

Step 3: Download and extract the Samsung ROM (Stock ROM)

Visit Odin download link in the sidebar to find the corresponding firmware of your device.

After downloading the file (compressed file), extract it to Desktop or another location you’d prefer. You will be able to see similar files that Odin uses *.bin, *tar, and *tar.md5.

After extracting, right-click to "Open as Administrator". It might prevent certain issues from happening.

Step 4: Boot your Samsung device into download mode.

Follow these steps to boot the device into Download Mode/ Odin Mode.

1. Switch off your Samsung device.
  2. Press & hold Volume Down Key, Home Key, and Power Key.
  3. When the phone vibrates leave the power Key but keep on holding the Volume Down Key and Home key.
  4. Press Volume Up key to enter Download mode,.

Step 5: Connect your Samsung device to PC with a USB data cable.

Odin must detect your phone automatically. And you will be able to see the “Added” message in the Odin Log area at the lower-left of the Odin interface. In the meantime you could see a light-blue box at the ID: COM section stating "COM:3" (the number depends on which USB port you have plugged the device cable and is irrelevant).

Step 6: Once your Samsung device is recognized by the Odin Tool, Click "PDA" or "AP" to add the tar.md5 file that you have extracted in Step 2 and then "Start".

"PDA" or "AP" depends on the version of Odin that you used. 

But the md5 file should go to either "PDA" or "AP". After adding the tar.md5 file, click “Start” to begin the flashing process.

Step 7: When the flashing process is done and once you see the Green Pass Message indicating the flashing is completed. Then eject the USB cable from the device and your device will be rebooted automatically.

If the flash “FAILED”, follow the instructions below to operate the flashing again:

• Download the firmware files again and make sure it is compatible with your device model.
  • Update your device driver software to the latest updates.
  • Run Odin as Administrator.
  • Check your USB cable and USB port.
  • Restart your computer.

Comments

• New user,

I have a s9+ i flashed following the flashing steps above.

Odin3 v3.13.3 is what i used.i flashed with combination firmware.

after flshing was complete odin said passed in green.phone rebooted and when screen came back on it says

ss rdx

subsystem crashed: modem!

when i hold down volume + and power phone goes to samsung logo screen filled with white writing.and then goes blank with blue light flashing.

those are the only 2 screens i get,i have tried to do a hard reset phone just goes to ss rdx screen with system crash.

any suggestions.

• Hey Donrenee!

Check whether the firmware you flashed is for the s9+ and not the normal s9?

I came across a related post . Check the version were you running before flashing and after flashing? I think it may be possible that your previous firmware was anyhow not compatible with the new one.